[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W setup no longer works (setup.ini is empty)

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Oct 7 12:44:47 PDT 2013

Hi Andrea,

Is this still a problem? They're populated for me, right now.
e.g. http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup.ini is about 87k.
(setup.ini.prev is zero bytes though.)

The ini files are rebuilt a) on demand when someone updates a package,
and b) by an automatic scheduled task at midnight UST (16:00 PST) (see
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions#Setup.ini)

I think something went wrong with the automatic nightly promotion. It
appears to be okay now though.

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology