[osgeo4w-dev] SOSI-support in GDAL/OGR shipped with OSGeo4W

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Oct 24 01:56:34 PDT 2013

Dear OSGeo4W-dev/packagers

The last few days, the build process for the GDAL/OGR SOSI-driver as well as
for the underlying OpenFYBA-library has been reasonably improved.
(SOSI is a topological vector-data-standard used by the National Mapping
Authoritiy of Norway: Kartverket.)

MS Visual Studio project files are available together with the source-code
for the OpenFYBA-lib (with license-terms according to GDALs license) at
https://github.com/kartverket/fyba.
Furthermore the SOSI-driver can be built as a GDAL-plugin
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3638) and build-hints can be found at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SOSI.

How should we proceed if we want to get the driver into OSGeo4W?
We are thankfull for any hints!

Best regards
Stefan