[osgeo4w-dev] msvcrt & boost

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Aug 26 00:27:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

I recently split the ms runtime installer off from the msvcrt package into
several msvcrtXXXX package msvcrt package into several packages as the list of
ms runtime we need to ship is growing and adding to the msvcrt package always
meant that all the runtimes had to be downloaded and would installed again.

Most packages still have a dependencies to msvcrt.  But i updated the
setup.hint of points2grid to depend on msvcrt2013 and boost to msvcrt2012.

I added msvcrt2013 in response to #431 and I suppose boost depends on
msvcrt2012 as the two were introduced yesterday.  Please correct me, if that
assumption is wrong.

Eventually the other should also be updated to depend on the particular
msvcrtXXXX they actually use.  For most that is msvcrt2010.  Does anyone recall
what still depend on msvcrt2008 (probably one or more repacked binary)?

There's no dependency on boost yet.  I wonder why it was introduced.  Also
given it's large size (1.2GB installed) I suggest splitting it into a
boost-libs containing the stuff needed at runtime (ie. DLLs; 24M installed) and
boost-devel containing the compile time files (ie. headers and libraries).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31