[osgeo4w-dev] New package for Mapserver 6.4

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jan 8 14:00:22 PST 2014

Hi Jérôme,

On Wed, 08. Jan 2014 at 13:10:26 -0500, Jerome Villeneuve Larouche wrote:
> I put the package in the mapserver folder without a setup.hint if you
> want to review it. I haven't regen.sh or promote_test.sh, should I run
> it now even with no setup.hint?

That directory already has a setup.hint, so if you run the scripts (but please
not directly, but through the CGIs), it will already be already included.  That
also will happen around 16:00 -0800 (QGIS nightly build; ie. about 2h away).

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the mapserver packages in osgeo4w.

The new mapserver 6.4 package should probably be in mapserver6 and replace the
6.2.0 package.   But in the current stage that would probably break the
existing mapscript-python package, which is not what we want.

If we leave it like it is for now, it will replace mapserver 5.2.2, which
conflicts with the other mapservers and in turn python mapscript.   I don't
know if anybody is still using 5.2.  I would expect it to be harmless, but
there were about 72 downloads in last three days...

If it's going to replace the current mapserver6 package, there also should be a
new mapscript-python package.

And having all that for 64bit would certainly fill a big empty spot in the
64bit repository - especially when it comes with python mapscript - which I
know is sorely missed by some QGIS users.  I also know that Tamas intended to
add python mapscript to the 64bit build - but I don't know anything about the
timeframe.  Also note that osgeo4w 64bit doesn't have apache (not even the
ancient version 32bit has).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)                                   IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden