[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W-64bit: qgis 2.4 - GRASS raster can't be loaded

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Jul 6 11:33:20 PDT 2014

>> warning: projection can't be determined
>> modul can't be executed
>> command C:/OSGEO~1/apps/qgis/./grass/modules/qgis.g.info info=proj
>> any idea?
>
>Not really.  I can open the gtopo30 map from the qgis_sample_data set just
>fine.

ok, it seems the underlying problem is in a broken OSGeo4W-GRASS6.4.3-5
64bit.

I can start a GRASS session only in text mode because g.proj (and some other
modules, e.g. g.region, g.setproj) seems to be broken in
OSGeo4W-GRASS6.4.3-5 64 bit.

in a GRASS session in text mode I can start the module GUI e.g. by

GRASS 6.4.3 (nc_spm_08)> g.mlist --ui

or get the manual by

GRASS 6.4.3 (nc_spm_08)> g.mlist --help

Beschreibung:
 Liste vorhandene GRASS Datenbank-Dateien eines vom Nutzer bestimmten
Datentyps
und verwende optional ein Suchmuster.

Schlüsselwörter:
 Allgemein, Kartenverwaltung

but I can not do this for g.proj, g.region, g.setproj; therefore the QGIS
error:

>> command C:/OSGEO~1/apps/qgis/./grass/modules/qgis.g.info info=proj

as the underlying GRASS module isn't working correctly.

-----
best regards
Helmut