[osgeo4w-dev] using Pyscripter with Osgeo4w

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 11:02:20 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,

This took a bit of time to figure out, so I figured out I'd share for
posterity. Pyscripter isn't my normal IDE, but it's popular, especially in
the ArcGIS ecosystem. Here's how to get it working with Osgeo4W python
instead of "the other one":

Install pyscripter, create this batchfile, adjusting path as needded, and
save it in PATH, run it, done.

    %~d0\apps\PyScripter\PyScripter.exe %*
--pythondllpath=%osgeo4w_root%\bin

Explanation:

    %~d0: expands to Drive letter that batch file exists on, e.g.
c:\bin\pyscripter.bat

    %*: expands command line arguments, allows `pyscripter.bat
d:\code\somefile.py`. It *must* precede pyscripter option arguments.

    --pythondllpath: needed when pythonxx.dll doesn't reside in same folder
as python.exe.

cheers,

Matt