[osgeo4w-dev] [osgeo4w] #466: Python stopped working when using python gdal_calc and band.ReadAsArray() on Windows

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Mon May 11 20:23:22 PDT 2015

#466: Python stopped working when using python gdal_calc and band.ReadAsArray()
on Windows
-------------------+---------------------------
Reporter:  miro    |      Owner:  osgeo4w-dev@…
    Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
 Version:          |   Keywords:  gdal python
-------------------+---------------------------
 I hope I am reporting this in the right place. When using '''gdal_calc'''
 on Windows in OSGeo4W_Shell or whenever using python from the OSGeo4W
 package it ends up with '''"Python.exe has stopped working"''' message
 where except of that message everything works on 100% - results are as it
 should be. Also when in python reading raster into array
 ('''band.ReadAsArray()''') causes the same thing:

 {{{
 src_ds = gdal.Open(file_name)
 band = src_ds.GetRasterBand(1)
 in_array = band.ReadAsArray()
 }}}

 Again, except error message all works just fine. The same reported on
 stackexchange by somebody else:
 http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/101921/gdal-calc-works-but-i-get-a
 -python-error-at-the-end-of-each-process-that-prevent

 The answer "disable the crash dialogs in Windows using the DontShowUI"
 works for me but still...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/466>
OSGeo4W <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w>