[osgeo4w-dev] Including gvSIG on OSGeo4W

César Martínez cmartinez at scolab.es
Thu Nov 26 08:14:56 PST 2015

Thanks Jürgen for the quick answer. Some more questions:

- Where can I check which packages are currently included (e.g. the
Java packages you mentioned)?
- Is it necessary a new version of OSGeo4W needed in order to add the
gvSIG packages? Or are they automatically available if published on
the OSGeo4W repository?

César

> Hi César,
>
> On Thu, 26. Nov 2015 at 15:56:39 +0100, César Martínez wrote:
>> Hi, I am Cesar Martinez Izquierdo, from the gvSIG development team.
>> We are interested on including gvSIG on the OSGeo4W distribution.
>> Is there any specific requirement to do so (in addition to prepare a
>> packaging as described on [1])?
>
> No, but I'm not sure of the state java and dependencies are in.   I think it
> was introduced for udig and beegis, which were meanwhile removed.  java is
> still there, but probably in a bad shape.
>
> The gdal java bindings are currently unmaintained too and I'm not sure if
> anyone uses the java mapscript bindings.
>
> And that's all the java support there is.  I guess you have to also adopt java
> if you want to add gvsig - preferable in a way that other stuff can also make
> of it (eg. to bring back gdal-java).
>

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
> QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode

SCOLAB
http://scolab.es