[osgeo4w-dev] Including gvSIG on OSGeo4W

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Nov 26 08:49:27 PST 2015

Hi Andrea,

On Thu, 26. Nov 2015 at 17:11:32 +0100, andrea antonello wrote:
> I will jump in as previous uDig and java maintainer for some clarification.
> java is still there because I thought other projects would use it. But
> it is in great shape, i.e. works properly.

Ah, sorry, I didn't know.

Right, see also http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/441

> That is the problem and should be first discussed. I am not sure who
> makes use of java-gdal bindings in osgeo4w, but several have stated
> that a "general" java might give problems with other packages.
> It might be good to check who still depends on java and evaluate if it
> is better to insert java in the gvSIG installation.

I suppose no one does - neither the (outdated) gdal nor the (uptodate)
mapscript bindings.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode