[osgeo4w-dev] QGIS fails to install

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Oct 16 07:22:10 PDT 2018

Hi,
On Tue, 16. Oct 2018 at 12:49:59 +0000, Müller, Andreas, Dr. phil. wrote:
> I confirm that installation works fine, thank you very much!

> But, unfortunately, i detect some errors/differences in Qt5/PyQt5:
> - in Python36 there was an copy of %osgeo4w_root%\bin\qt.conf in apps\Qt5\bin
>   and in apps\python36, now that in Qt5\bin it is missing (not knowing if it is
>   needed by anything)

> - in Qt5/Python36 we had QtWebEngine and QtWebKit, now QtWebEngine is
>   missing. (QGIS-Plugins using it, will not work)

I brought back the old webkit for 5.9.  For some reason I was under the false
impression that QtWebKit was included in 5.11 again.

I'll rebuild QtWebKit with 5.11 and also PyQt5 after that.  I suppose that will
also make QtWebEngine available again.

Unfortunately I'm at intergeo this week and couldn't yet get to any of my
windows machines in the office.  So it will probably take a bit longer than
normal to sort this out.

Sorry for the inconvienience.

Jürgen
Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de