[osgeo4w-dev] PROJ4 and PROJ5 updates

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Oct 19 12:27:21 PDT 2018

Jürgen (presumably),

Can you relay the status of PROJ packages for OSGeo464? I think we have
an issue where GDAL is now pointed at the new PROJ5 packages, but there
is a bug in how PROJSO is resolved. If I set the PROJSO environment
variable to proj_5_2.dll or proj.dll, my PDAL application that utilizes
PROJ through GDAL works correctly. Setting this was not necessary before
the PROJ update(s).

Should we add the PROJSO=proj_5_2.dll environment setting to the
startup? I suppose that will break things that use old GDAL/PROJ setups.
Alternatively, maybe LIBNAME [1] needs to be set to something different
to match the PROJ DLL and PROJ version?

I'm unsure how to move forward...

Howard

[1]