[Live-demo] next steps

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:01:15 PST 2008

The different distros (Ubuntu vs Xubuntu) shouldn't be a critical
problem, as most applications should run in either.  While that
assumption needs to be checked, the default username will certainly
cause problems.  I don't recall exactly why we used demo, but I think it
was an arbitrary decision.  We really should be using whatever the
Ubuntu/Xubuntu live dvds use by default (assuming they're the same).

More important, we should not be relying on the username.  We currently
have data and doco installed into the users home directory, which is not
really appropriate.  I'm not sure about setting up menus and desktop
items, but there should be a means of adding them globally all users?

Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com