[Live-demo] Re: [DebianGIS] Revitalising UbuntuGIS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:37:42 PST 2008

Yes, based on your comments, it sounds like there is a place for a
separate UbuntuGIS email list.
For all those interested in Ubuntu packaging, please join at:
https://launchpad.net/~cameron-shorter/+editemails

I suggest that our next steps are:
1. Update https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS and
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis
so that a new user can easily determine the status of the project, and
then subscribe themselves to the email list.

2. Send out a broader announcement to OSGeo lists and past UbuntuGIS
members inviting them to join up.

3. Start getting the real work done.

On a personal note, while some of my team at LISAsoft have been involved
in LiveDVD packaging, I'm quite new to the packaging area. So please
don't be shy in talking up with any advice you may have.

Alan Boudreault wrote:
> Yes, Cameron has created the mailing list. Visit
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis to subscribe.
>
> Alan
>
> Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
>> Hi Jachym,
>>
>> On Mon, 22. Dec 2008 at 07:17:38 +0100, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>
>>> UbuntuGIS team could only benefit from having pkg-grass as
>>> communication platform. But would it be acceptable for debian
>>> developers as well?
>>>

>>> Personally I would prefer separate mailing list for ubuntu-specific
>>> issues.
>>>

>> I learned that it's possible to have mailing lists on launchpad, which
>> might be the best place for ubuntu specific things.  Cameron has the
>> admin token...
>>

>> Jürgen

Geospatial Systems Architect