[Live-demo] GISVM - New version release

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 24 17:42:32 PST 2008

Cameron,

> Yes, a virtual distribution is very important, and very closely aligned
> with a Geospatial Integration Showcase we plan to introduce in the
> FOSS4G 2009.
> http://external.opengis.org/twiki_public/bin/view/ClimateChallenge2009/WebHome
> I suspect that this would be a perfect launch pad for gisvm?

Wow, it seems a very interesting project!!!
I must dig-in and understand better what it is exactly, so I can make my mind about how GISVM can be useful…

> 1. To have a polished live DVD for FOSS4G 2009, which will be in our home
> city of Sydney, Australia. http://2009.foss4g.org
>
> 2.
To promote Open Source Geospatial software in Australia, and LISAsoft's

association with GeoFOSS - we have been giving out the Live DVD at
conferences here in Australia.

> 3. To increase LISAsoft's profile in the the international community.
>
> of course, those are the commercial reasons.
> From a techie point of view, I see the LiveDVD as a cool, highly needed project.

I think we share at least one goal...
It would be underfull to GISVM to be on FOSS4G2009.
Unfortunatly for me it will be on the other side off the planet, compared to my home city (OPorto-Portugal) ;-)

The idea of having to alternatives: Live CD and Virtual Machine could be very interesting for users.
Specialy if they are compatible...

You can count on me to start working on this idea and going into that direction.
Just tell me how and when you want to start...

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho