[Live-demo] Live DVD - next steps

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Oct 22 19:22:32 PDT 2008

Ridiculous acronyms -
FLDOG. FLOG, FDOG, GODFL
Free, Live, Demo Open source, Geospatial

Random words from a language -
agoterra - latin = Live Earth

Maybe we need to clarify the mission:
A collection of Free and Open Source software for geospatial analysis,
packaged in a way that you can demonstrate and teach directly from
bootable media(CD, DVD, USB, etc) or choose to install a whole operating
system or the software for your operating system(Windows and Mac
installers included; *nix, *bsd expected to use distro repos of build
themself?)

Based on that description what do you guys have in mind? Maybe we should
just go the Ubuntu route and pick a cool word in an unusual language
that has some interesting implication but not a real direct translation.
So a word that means "Free Earth/Planet" or something...

Alex

\