[Live-demo] Live DVD - next steps

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Fri Oct 24 00:49:39 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 18:27 +1100, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> For LISAsoft next LiveDVD print run, we are going to use the name
> "Arramagong". That is because we don't have time to change our marketing
> material (images, READMEs etc) before going to the printer.
>
> Other ideas that have been floating around here for future releases are,
> (all bar the first are Australian Aboriginal names)
>
> Name - Meaning

I'd back "Arramagong" as a great name for an Australian localised
version of agoterra, the "OSGeo" version.  Apart from localised data and
eventually educational material meeting local syllabus requirements I'm
not sure what differences there would be though.  Perhaps material
designed for the walis student mapping competition.

Regards,
Tim

--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.