[Live-demo] install_grass.sh script from Hamish

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Aug 27 00:29:33 PDT 2009

To get very recent versions of Grass/QGIS with ECW, Mrsid etc use the
UbuntuGIS ppa
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu jaunty
main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu
jaunty main

Note, that in order for the QGIS Grass plugin to work right you have to
grab a set that was compiled together, for the gdal-grass-plugin and the
 qgis-grass-plugin.

Alex