[Live-demo] Arramagong_GISVM_FOSS4G2009_alpha1

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 31 14:40:19 PDT 2009

Second note about:
Arramagong_GISVM_FOSS4G2009_alpha1.7z

(1. gvSIG in Spanish)

2. Reduce vmdk disk file size:

After un7zip the vmdk file turns out to:
5 297 602 560 bytes

A kick way to reduce this is to run VMWare Tools Shrink command
(inside the virtual machine - run  the following command on terminal)
> sudo vmware-toolbox
Then select Shrink  +  "/" + shrink

After a couple of minutes you get a vmdk with:
4 339 466 240 bytes

It is still a huge file... but it can easy the distribution a bit ;-)

Cheers,
Ricardo