[Live-demo] Using OSGeo hosting platform for developingArramagong/LiveDVD/GISVM

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 02:11:43 PST 2009

Richardo, Bob,

You have some good ideas in these last few emails, in particular about
defining what our project has become, because we have become more than
just a Virtual Machine, or a distribution.

What we have created is an effective build process, which can be used to
distribute to multiple targets.

Yes, we should consolidate our project and bring all the components in
together.
Yes, we also should be setting up a timeline, which I think should align
with Ubuntu release cycles.
Yes, this is something I want to get involved in, but I have a backlog
of work for ~ 6 or so weeks before I'll restart my serious involvement
in the LiveDVD project again.

I think the next steps are to finish off the automation of the build
process, which was close to being finished, and start working out the
deployment processes for other targets. (Bob might be able to show us
how to build a USB distribution?)

Medium term, I'd like to see us engage with other communities - in
particular, the education community is one area I think we can add huge
value.