[Live-demo] Using OSGeo hosting platform for developingArramagong/LiveDVD/GISVM

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 07:14:41 PST 2009

Ricardo:
> My opinion is that we should start to agree on defining “one
> unique name” for the process of building the install script
> repository and the resulting Virtual Machine development build.
> Then there could be several names for resulting products like:
> Arramagong, LiveDVD, GISVM, etc.

I don't have a problem coming up with a name for that process, but as far
as the overall project goes we should not limit or define ourselves by a
single build method.

The LiveDVD/Live-Demo is a meta-project intended to be a showcase for
OSGeo software. ie regardless of implementation, base OS, build method,
usage, sponsorship, conferences, etc.

Within that greater umbrella we have the opportunity to produce whatever
and as many products as we can find enough developers to create.

If there is any confusion it is best dealt with by improving the
documentation and communication. The primary table-of-contents page for
that is the Live_GIS_Disc wiki page.

"These are our goals, and this is how we achieve them."

regards,
Hamish