[Live-demo] Using OSGeo hosting platform for developingArramagong/LiveDVD/GISVM

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Thu Nov 5 08:00:42 PST 2009

Hamish,

I agree with you, when you say that this is a huge umbrella. ;-)
On my time live, I've learned that the best way to solve a big problem is to divide it in smaller problems. (and solve them one by one)

So, define a name for the Script repository is, in my opinion, the best way to start clarifying how we will keep working on this huge project.

I've just arrived from one more inspiring OSGeo event, the Portuguese Local Chapter meeting:
http://evora.sigaberto.org/?q=en/taxonomy/term/1

In the middle of one brainstorm talks with some of these friends, an idea came up for a name.

All of you know about OSGEO4W, right?!
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

And what if we follow that example and call our script repository build (now for Live DVD / GISVM) :

OSGEO4U = OSGEO for Ubuntu

It is a great name, independent and follow a line already defined.

What do you think of that?

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

PS..
Hamish,
I am so sorry that you couldn't come to Sydney.
I was looking for meet you there.
Maybe at Barcelona!