[Live-demo] Someone said I should start posting things here about USB based service building . . .

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Oct 1 12:47:56 PDT 2009

Hi  Bob,
That sounds really interesting, and would complement the linux based
packaging that we have been doing the the arramagong Live DVD and
Virtual Machine project.

In particular, we have a build process where any project which can write
a shell install script for an Ubuntu environment will be included on the
Live DVD.

It would now be quite easy to extend that to include a boot from USB
release as well. (You might want to write this).

However, I understand you are targeting windows, and I think that is a
great idea. I suggest building upon the osgeo4w project which is
building projects for windows. Frank Warnerdam can probably point you in
the right direction to get started.