[Live-demo] Jigdo

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 8 17:01:46 PDT 2009

Hi Brian,

> just noticed this via a colleague..
> perhaps it needs all components to be .deb?

I'm not sure if that couldn't be worked around, but it sure helps to
keep the the number of download files to a minimum.

Anyway the Jigdo concept is a direct ancestor to BitTorrent. Download
many small bits from a lot of places and reasemble. I won't say that Jigdo
is completely redundant these days, but for our purposes a .torrent will
suffice.

Alex: is that iso.torrent ready to be linked from the main download page?
Frank's now got a perma-seed running at gdal.org, right?
Do we want a .torrent for the VM as well?

Hamish