[Live-demo] Jigdo

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 8 18:14:29 PDT 2009

Hamish wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
>> just noticed this via a colleague..
>> perhaps it needs all components to be .deb?
>
> I'm not sure if that couldn't be worked around, but it sure helps to
> keep the the number of download files to a minimum.
>
> Anyway the Jigdo concept is a direct ancestor to BitTorrent. Download
> many small bits from a lot of places and reasemble. I won't say that Jigdo
> is completely redundant these days, but for our purposes a .torrent will
> suffice.
>

> Alex: is that iso.torrent ready to be linked from the main download page?
> Frank's now got a perma-seed running at gdal.org, right?
> Do we want a .torrent for the VM as well?
>

> Hamish

Frank setup torrent seed but for some reason test's didn't connect to
his seed and only saw mine. We may just be missing a setting somewhere,
he was using bittornado cli, I've only ever used the GUI for it some I'm
not sure what the deal is. Changing ports to 54300 or some other high
random one might help.

Maybe if a few dedicated people want to pull from me so we get 4-5 seeds
before we open the link up that might be good.