[Live-demo] Does your application work on the click2try GISVM?

arun.s at tecnics.com arun.s at tecnics.com
Thu Oct 15 10:26:41 PDT 2009

We are exploring this.

We will update you in next mail.

Thanks
Arun Sharma
Click2try

From: "Dane Springmeyer" <blake at hailmail.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:44 PM
To: "Dane Springmeyer" <blake at hailmail.net>
Subject: Re: [Live-demo] Does your application work on the click2try GISVM?

Running `strace python` gives an Illegal Instruction:

http://dpaste.com/107722/

I wonder if the read-only user mode is the culprit.

Dane

On Oct 15, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Dane Springmeyer wrote:

I just tried the latest VM '20-74' and now see a Segmentation Fault when
running the default python.

Open a terminal and type 'python' and this is what you get:

user at osgeo-gisvm20-74:~$ python
Segmentation fault

but python2.5 works:
user at osgeo-gisvm20-74:~$ python2.5
>>> # all good...

Really odd, I've never seen a segfault like this with python after just
starting the interpreter.

Dane