[Live-demo] Re: [About python issue] Does your application work on the click2try GISVM?

Tom Callaghan tom.callaghan at click2try.com
Fri Oct 16 15:47:04 PDT 2009

Hi Dane,

Arun is the right person to work with on this one.  I do not want to
shortcut anything you are doing with him.  But, I did observe something.
First, I started a new GISVM virtual machine on click2try as a non-logged in
user.  I logged into the GISVM desktop as the user "user".  I am able to
open a terminal window.  Then, I notice that if I try to start Mapnik from
the icon it fails the first time.  But, if I try to start it again, it
succeeds.

After that, I notice that uDig seems to start up successfully.

I don't know if this helps or not.

Regards,

Tom