[Live-demo] ports?

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Sep 1 16:51:25 PDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 4:39 PM, Stefan Hansen wrote:

> Generally Tomcat should already be up and running when you start the
> vm.
> Open FF and try http://localhost:8080 (/manger/html to get to the
> manger
> interface). The uname and pwd are user/user.

Seeing the above reminds me that when I wrote the Mapnik/TileLite demo
I did not modify the default port it launches on, which is 8000. It
should likely be something less common since we may have lots of
development servers attaching to various ports?

I don't have commit, so I'm happy if someone who does decides on
whether to alter the port.

To alter to port when launching the Mapnik demo one would just pass a
flag like:

liteserv.py mapnik.xml --port 9000

Cheers,

Dane