[Live-demo] MapTiler for FOSS4G 2009

klokan at gmail.com klokan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:57:17 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am the author of the open-source MapTiler application
(http://www.maptiler.org/) - I am going to have presentation about
this project at FOSS4G 2009.

I will be very glad if the application can find the way to the
LiveDVD, which is going to be distributed in Sydney.

There is a Windows installer downloadable at the address - I hope part
of the DVD is also Windows partition with installers for FOSS
projects.
http://maptiler.googlecode.com/files/maptiler-1.0-alpha3-setup.exe

We prepared the Debian package - it correctly installs the MapTiler
application into Ubuntu. You can downloaded it here:
http://maptiler.googlecode.com/files/maptiler_1.0.alpha3_all.deb

Depends: python (>=2.5), python-wxgtk2.8 (>=2.8), python-gdal (>=1.6)

Where first two are standard part of the latest ubuntu and the last
one is part of the UbuntuGis project:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis (personal archives provide the .debs)
- the important for us is the gdal package in version 1.6+.

Are UbuntuGIS packages standard part of the LiveDVD?

Let me know what I should do to include MapTiler onto the LiveDVD.

Thank you for your assistance and effort related to the DVD.

Best regards,

Klokan Petr Pridal

P.S.
There is also an installer for MacOSX, but I guess you will not have a
Mac section at the DVD...
--
http://blog.klokan.cz/
http://www.maptiler.org/