[Live-demo] MapTiler for FOSS4G 2009

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:14:29 PDT 2009

Klokan,

If your application is stable, and we get it on in time, and it passes QA next week, then yes it is welcome on the disk.

The steps for getting your application on the LiveDVD are outlined here.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GISVM_Build

In short, we are looking for you to write an installer script (by tomorrow) that we can run and install your application.

As you already have a .deb file, it should be reasonably straight forward.

>From the LiveDVD point of view, we are memory constrained. In particular, any disk writes you do in your application, are written to memory. This might be limiting for a demo of a tiling application.

We do plan to have windows installers on the live DVD, and I need to
chase FrankW about what is done for that.

klokan at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am the author of the open-source MapTiler application
> (http://www.maptiler.org/) - I am going to have presentation about
> this project at FOSS4G 2009.
>
> I will be very glad if the application can find the way to the
> LiveDVD, which is going to be distributed in Sydney.
>
> There is a Windows installer downloadable at the address - I hope part
> of the DVD is also Windows partition with installers for FOSS
> projects.
> http://maptiler.googlecode.com/files/maptiler-1.0-alpha3-setup.exe
>
> We prepared the Debian package - it correctly installs the MapTiler
> application into Ubuntu. You can downloaded it here:
> http://maptiler.googlecode.com/files/maptiler_1.0.alpha3_all.deb
>
> Depends: python (>=2.5), python-wxgtk2.8 (>=2.8), python-gdal (>=1.6)
>
> Where first two are standard part of the latest ubuntu and the last
> one is part of the UbuntuGis project:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis (personal archives provide the .debs)
> - the important for us is the gdal package in version 1.6+.
>
> Are UbuntuGIS packages standard part of the LiveDVD?
>
> Let me know what I should do to include MapTiler onto the LiveDVD.
>
> Thank you for your assistance and effort related to the DVD.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Klokan Petr Pridal
>
> P.S.
> There is also an installer for MacOSX, but I guess you will not have a
> Mac section at the DVD...

Geospatial Systems Architect