[Live-demo] Re: gvSIG package

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 4 04:02:24 PDT 2009

2009/9/4 Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <jsanz at osgeo.org>:

> Hi
>
> I've tested the deb package for gvSIG 1.9RC1 (bn1242) on the VM and it
> works fine.
>
> The deb package has three caveats:
>
> * It requires from user interaction to accept Sun license for JAI libraries
> * The viersion it installs doesn't provide SEXTANTE library, it has to
> be installed apart.
> * The default language is Spanish so it requires again a first run in
> Spanish of gvSIG to set it up in English. When you install gvSIG through
> the regular installer you can configure the language but this is not the
> case. Changing the language can be scripted, is just changing a value on
> a file (/home/user/gvsig/andami-config.xml).
>

> Should I write a simple script to download the deb, install it with its
> dependencies and change the default language?

Hi again,

I've written the script to install gvSIG from deb package (and its
dependencies, libstdc++5 and sun-java5-jre), it also places a gvSIG
icon on desktop and downloads the gvSIG manual.

I've tested on the VM deleting any gvSIG user configuration and the
default language was English, so finally I didn't have to touch
anything about that.

These are the changesets are 1856[1] and 1858[2].

Hope it helps.

Cheers

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/1856
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/1858