[Live-demo] deegree script for installation

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 00:57:48 PDT 2009

Judit Mays wrote:
> Due to "I don't know how..." the "stop deegree" desktop icon
> doesn't do what it should. If anyone can fix it that would be
> super cool. Otherwise please remove the relevant part creating
> the stop icon from the install script.

can it be done by non-superuser?

"killall tomcat" ?  (would take out others using it)
(or `pkill`)

in the startup script write PID to a file, then in shutdown
script use that for `kill`?

e.g.

### in startup
if [ ! -d ~/.deegree ] ; then
  mkdir ~/.deegree
fi
echo $$ > ~/.deegree/pid

# or, if current pid is not what you want use `pgrep`
# but if you can do that why not just killall or pkill later?
pgrep tomcat > ~/.deegree/pid

### in shutdown
DEEG_PID=`cat ~/.deegree/pid`
\rm ~/.deegree/pid