[Live-demo] ISO go/no go

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Sep 29 05:57:27 PDT 2009

> - "Start Mapni..." icon looks like it will shut off the machine

Thanks, fixed in trunk by using a simple globe icon.

> Start mapni..
> - started up; was able to follow the instructions
> - first time firefox opens it goes into offline mode and prevents the
> opening of the page

The 'openlayers.html' demo needs online connectivity to be able to
fetch an external OL, so that might be the problem.

I have not seen a local install of OpenLayers to use - anyone know if
I should be linking to a local/offline copy of OL?

> - unchecking offline mode; and asking it to try again let me see the
> service and view the first tile

Okay, perhaps you are talking about being blocked from viewing the
sample tile/welcome page at localhost:8000? I'll try to test this
again...

Thanks!

- Dane