[Live-demo] Live GIS on Click2Try

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 30 13:28:48 PDT 2009

Tom,

Just wanted to let you know that the folks over at OSGeo are close to a
final release of a new VM/ISO build that contains a lot of FOSS GIS
software already installed, preconfigured and including docs, samples.

As I mentioned at OSCON we would love to figure out the best way to get
this loaded up on click2try. Here are the options we can easily provide:
A bootable DVD
A VMware vmdk
You can build it from a base Xubuntu 9.04 install using the scripts out
of our svn.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GISVM_Build

If it helps to get it in another format let us know.

FYI, downloads which are not quite up to date (2.0.3 uploading today)
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/

The mailing list can be joined at: