[Live-demo] Re: Disk Priorities

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 8 09:52:01 PDT 2010

maplabs at light42.com wrote:
>> Alex Mandel wrote:
>  > > Brian Hamlin wrote:
>   Further, I claim a spinny globe is a strategic priority for the OSS
> Geo space.. unfortunately OSSIM has its shortcomings.. Marble is moving
> along very rapidly it seems with KDE and .edu momentum.. WW has been
> plugging along.. let's augment and support this movement, with this LiveDVD

I'm still confused about this, the talk I saw from a WW developer last
year stated - WorldWind is not a a 3D globe it is a toolkit for building
things like a 3D globe. The example globe you see is simply a
demonstration of what's possible, not a supported application.-

So I'm still unsure if this is any better than Marble and OSSIM at this
point. I'm also hesitant to commit on such application unless someone
from the project wants to build the installer, last I looked it wasn't
straightforward, it was compiling Java.

Alex.