[Live-demo] Re: Disk Priorities: powerpoint vs pdf

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Wed Apr 14 02:36:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Cameron:
> > I'm happy for the final deliverable to be PDF, but we
> > should also provide the source powerpoint (or open office
> > version). As far as I'm aware, you can't edit PDF slideshows
> > with Open Office, or other free tools, and that is important
> > for maintaining the powerpoint, and to allow people to cut
> > and paste into their own presentations.
>
> ok, good point. IMO & in the spirit of the thing, we should err on the
> side of open document formats. :-)

Yes, agreed, use Open Office Presenter.

So the next question is what svn repository do we use to store this
marketing material:
* 1 page project description, including 1 screen snapshot.
* power point slide
* maybe videos

I expect that we will create most of this marketing material every time we
put out a LiveDVD release, which could be an arguement of keeping in the
LiveDVD repository.

However, it may be more appropriate to move all the marketing material over
to an osgeo/marketing directory. I don't have strong opinions either way, so
long as we have a repository of marketing material somewhere.

Geospatial Systems Architect