[Live-demo] Re: Disk Priorities: powerpoint vs pdf

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 21:33:56 PDT 2010

Cameron:
> I'm happy for the final deliverable to be PDF, but we
> should also provide the source powerpoint (or open office
> version). As far as I'm aware, you can't edit PDF slideshows
> with Open Office, or other free tools, and that is important
> for maintaining the powerpoint, and to allow people to cut
> and paste into their own presentations.

ok, good point. IMO & in the spirit of the thing, we should err on the
side of open document formats. :-)

fwiw you can touch up PDF layouts in newer versions of Inkscape, and fix
a word or two using pdftk to extract the inner postscript which can then
be edited using your favourite industrial strength text editor before
putting it back into the pdf container with pdftk again (or ps2pdf I guess). Only good for minor tweaks though.

Hamish