[Live-demo] Re: Disk Priorities: powerpoint vs pdf

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:47:27 PDT 2010

Hamish wrote:
> Cameron:
>
>>> * Develop a powerpoint presentation of the LiveDVD
>>> which can be used by anyone wanting to show off GeoSpatial
>>> Open Source at their local conference or workplace. This
>>> could be complemented by a Video of the same powerpoint.
>>>

> use full-screen PDF instead of PPT. looks the same, works
> better, and works everywhere. screencasts are easy & efficient
> in flash for video, but I'm not sure if there is a better tool.
> I'm hoping there is.

I'm happy for the final deliverable to be PDF, but we should also
provide the source powerpoint (or open office version). As far as I'm
aware, you can't edit PDF slideshows with Open Office, or other free
tools, and that is important for maintaining the powerpoint, and to
allow people to cut and paste into their own presentations.

Geospatial Systems Architect