[Live-demo] Release Candidate Soon

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Aug 2 11:45:19 PDT 2010

RC1 was just an error on my part realized after the build had started,
hence the reversion to beta after that. The current RC numbering was to
ensure that post documentation freeze could not be confused with the
mislabed RC1/beta1. Normally I would have done RC1 after the doc freeze.

While I agree in principal here is how I see the naming:
alpha
Feature Freeze
beta
Documentation Freeze
rc

Theoretically after the Documentation Freeze the disc should be solid
and considered an RC, this time around has seen way too much action for
my comfort so close to release, though quite necessary. But according to
our schedule we are already into RC territory and I see no reason to not
continue the numbering increment, since it will provide continuity.
I believe changing the name now to anything other than final will just
confuse people later.

A noted exception, if we do start translating at some point that be
gamma(or still beta) between Doc Freeze and translation Freeze.