[Live-demo] Background image for osgeo-live - do we mention Barcelona?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:11:38 PDT 2010

The current background image for the OSGeo-Live DVD mentions Barcelona.
While this will be good for Barcelona, it will not be so good for other
conferences.

I've had one conference say they would like to buy 500 DVDs, and 3
others show interest in printing DVDs too. I expect the DVD to be used
for lots of other small activities too, (like training, and projects and
systems integrators promoting their products), and a non-dated version
of the background image is likely to be a preference for all these.

Hamish suggested that we could create a 4.0 DVD for Barcelona, then
4.0.1 immediately after with a generic version. I'm comfortable with that.

Brian, is there any chance you could create a version of the background
with the following text: "OSGeo-Live 4.0" (Right aligned).

Geospatial Director