[Live-demo] Provide .fix files for all Shapefiles

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Tue Aug 10 09:45:56 PDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> The naturalearth data shapefiles are loaded by bin/loadgisdata.sh
>
> It is loaded from the naturalearth website directly.
>
> I'm open to you adding .fix files if you think it is easy enough to
> achieve.

to be clear...
I am in favor of applications that want a .fix file, to generate them
*not* to change the source repository somehow
or create our own mirror "plus" repository

maybe that is not what you want to do, and we are already in alignment

the master data source, that is the Natural Earth site
is going to be very widely relied upon
IMO we would do better to write scripts that use it exactly as it is
and then add any additional features locally

best regards
   -Brian