[Live-demo] Categorising documentation

Bastian Schäffer b.schaeffer at 52north.org
Fri Aug 20 04:46:20 PDT 2010

 List,

I am probably too late but the last time I checked the WPS documentation:
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/standards/wps_overview.html

the figure was not there.

I am a bit unhappy about 2 things:
1. The first sentence:
"The WPS standard provides rules for standardizing inputs and outputs
(requests and responses) for geospatial processing services, such as
polygon overlays and their inputs and outputs."
A WPS is more than just rules for inputs and outputs. The sentence below
the figure describes it much better. Could we remove the first sentence.

2. The figure
It looks bit confusing with all these arrows. Besides it is pretty
unclear what red (non OGC?) green and light green boxes mean. Besides,
"KML" is not a portrayal "service" but an encoding to my understanding.
The added value of this figure is a bit unclear to me (to just have
figure?).
The sentence in that figure is similar to 1.
The figure also have has a number in the lower right corner. Looks like
a screenshot from a ppt.
Could we remove that figure or generalize it to have only "well-known"
standard in there (WMS etc, no transducerML and similar).

Regards,
Bastian Schäffer

--
Bastian Schäffer
52° North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH