[Live-demo] docs ready for the website

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 02:05:01 PDT 2010

Cameron:
> > Copying docs for review now:
> >
> >  http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/doc-dev/

Hamish:
> oh, that is all nice & good, and I'm happy to have that download.html
> page in place of a redirect page. I was on another wavelength, what I
> was sort of not getting at was we haven't seen all the fixes to the main
> docs build since way back at rc7, so it might be nice to see the
> entire finished product posted online for final review.

... too fast for me, now it's all up.

I'm out of time for now, my primary comments would be the mac and windows
installer links on the front page will only work from the DVD, and on the
"Sponsors" page we need to credit the crew above anything else, as the
folks on this list are the primary thing that makes all of this possible.
Recognizing institutional support is important, but mind the order of
presentation.. also on that page just need "4.0", as it will be the same
for all of "4.0.x", and it's less to have to keep up to date.

and as a parting shot, I still find the hyphen to be overcooked. ;-)

thanks,
Hamish