[Live-demo] Requesting comment on new translation status sheet

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:04:53 PST 2010

On 11/12/10 00:06, Javi Sanchez wrote:

>> Could translators please look at "ExampleLang" and confirm that you
>> are ok with the way the information is presented. If so, I will
>> replace the spreadsheets es,de, ja,it,el,ro,pl with these sheets.
>>
>> Doc to review is here:
>> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlRFyY1XenjJdFRDbjFyWHg1MlNTRm10QXk0UWEzWlE&authkey=CPTB6uIE&hl=en_GB#gid=11
>>

> Hi Cameron,
>
> New template sheet is Great! Now we can manage whenever a source file
> has changed, and many more things, as I can see...
>
> Go ahead with the replacement or Let me know if you need help with it,
> particularly spanish one. And please, do not hesitate to give us
> details about how to manage the new process, I've been out of the
> project for weeks, but now I am trying to keep up to date.
>
> Thks,
>
> Javi.

Javi,
Thanks for the offer of help.
We do have one manual process in the spreadsheet which I'd appreciate
help with. It involves copying svn version numbers to the spreadsheet.
(there is a script to help do this).
I'm looking for one or 2 people to take on the responsibility of running
this script every day or 2, and copying the status across so that all
translators can see their status progressing.
I've written up the process here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Translate#Update_status_sheet_version_numbers
It would be good to add a line to the above wiki page saying:
"As of December 2010, this process is being run every day or two by
<insert name here> and <insert name 2>"

(Even better would be to work out a process to update the spreadsheet
automatically, but I'm afraid my hacking skills don't extend that far)

Geospatial Director