I Re: [Live-demo] Requesting comment on new translation status sheet

Javi Sanchez jsgisdev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 15:41:07 PST 2010

On 12/10/2010 09:04 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On 11/12/10 00:06, Javi Sanchez wrote:
>>

>>> Could translators please look at "ExampleLang" and confirm that you
>>> are ok with the way the information is presented. If so, I will
>>> replace the spreadsheets es,de, ja,it,el,ro,pl with these sheets.
>>>
>>> Doc to review is here:
>>> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlRFyY1XenjJdFRDbjFyWHg1MlNTRm10QXk0UWEzWlE&authkey=CPTB6uIE&hl=en_GB#gid=11
>>>

>> Hi Cameron,
>>
>> New template sheet is Great! Now we can manage whenever a source file
>> has changed, and many more things, as I can see...
>>
>> Go ahead with the replacement or Let me know if you need help with
>> it, particularly spanish one. And please, do not hesitate to give us
>> details about how to manage the new process, I've been out of the
>> project for weeks, but now I am trying to keep up to date.
>>
>> Thks,
>>
>> Javi.

> Javi,
> Thanks for the offer of help.
> We do have one manual process in the spreadsheet which I'd appreciate
> help with. It involves copying svn version numbers to the spreadsheet.
> (there is a script to help do this).
> I'm looking for one or 2 people to take on the responsibility of
> running this script every day or 2, and copying the status across so
> that all translators can see their status progressing.
> I've written up the process here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Translate#Update_status_sheet_version_numbers
> It would be good to add a line to the above wiki page saying:
> "As of December 2010, this process is being run every day or two by
> <insert name here> and <insert name 2>"
>
> (Even better would be to work out a process to update the spreadsheet
> automatically, but I'm afraid my hacking skills don't extend that far)

Hi Cameron,

Ready to be the svnlist sheet updater!. I have been testing the process
and everything works perfect, except for the svn command for the script
file. I've found out that I can not execute an 'svn co' for a single
file, and it is suppossed to be better a 'svn export' command. I've
already changed it in the wiki.

By the way, I've also added a last svnlist update date in the list, as a
suggestion, so we can know how this process is going.

Regards,

Javi.