[Live-demo] Re: XCSoar on the OSGeo-Live DVD?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Sun Dec 12 14:26:29 PST 2010

Scott,
We have started the build cycle for our next OSGeo-Live release, and I'm
interested to know whether we should be including XCSoar on it, and if so,
which version (noting that we are space constrained).

Press release here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_11

What is the status of your android version?
Is it stable enough yet?

We haven't packaged android apps on the OSGeo-Live DVD yet, but there is a
strong interest in Open Source mobile apps, and I think it would be a
valuable to have the android apps included if they work ok.

Questions I have is:
* I assume we'd need to include an android emulator?
* How much space will an android emulator add to the OSGeo-Live?
* Will an android emulator running inside a virtual machine, or booted in
Live mode be fast enough to be usable?

Geospatial Systems Architect