[Live-demo] LiveDVD Feature Freeze in 2 days

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 18:12:15 PST 2010

Cameron wrote:
> According to our package status page [2], we in reasonable
> shape, but do have a couple of holes in the "version 3.0"
> column. Could everyone please update the status of the
> packages that you are responsible for.
> * Hamish: A number of packages that you have been working
> on don't have a version number in the column.

done.  (3.0 is same as trunk right now, so just duplicate columns...)

> * What version of GDAL are we using?

1.6.3, although ubuntuGIS (or any external package for that matter) may
quietly upgrade the version on their server to 1.7.0 at some point. you
can probably get them to hold for a few days, but asking them to wait a
month just for us is a bit much. They would have to rebuild their other
packages like qgis and grass to match, so locking =version requires you
do it for all dependent packages as well.

Or they may wait for it to come over from Debian first along the usual
channels, which takes a few weeks longer. (it hasn't been uploaded to debian/unstable yet so no panic)

[cc'd for a head's-up.]

there was a question about what is Marble: it's a KDE clone of Google
Earth.

Hamish