[Live-demo] Any insights into running VMWare Server?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 15 20:55:23 PST 2010

We probably need to be more clear about Host and Guest.

My issues revolve around the Guest the OS installed inside the VM.
Cameron's issues revolve and the Host, the OS the VMWare is installed
on. In particular the VMWare Web Access application which is a Java servlet.

Cameron unfortunately I don't have any answers for you, I've noticed
similar behavior with my install sometimes and have seen a few hacks on
VMWare's forums to try and make it better. It seems that the web
interface was just coded poorly.

Maybe you can try running the servlet in Tomcat instead of the bundled
server tool that comes with VMware?

Alex