[Live-demo] Re: logs for 3.0alpha2 release

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 19:31:47 PST 2010

Cameron wrote:
> You asked for another live dvd release. I've managed to
> build an 3.0alpha2 release. Logs are attached.

great!

Package         Kilobytes used by install script

deegree         412632
kosmo           313368
udig            259772
geokettle       87372
mapserver       55196
openjump        18648
geoserver       12016
ossim           11380
geonetwork      5312
mapnik          668
desktop         624
main_docs       260
mapfish         128
maptiler        20
osm             12
mb-system       4
marble          4
postgres        0
pgrouting       0
main            0
gpsdrive        0
qgis            -16
java            -100
apache2         -536
grass           -4084
R               -4496
gvsig           -11872

so just less than half seem to be working. (although downloaded data
will show up as false positives if you just go by size)

> It seems like the sun java was not installed. I haven't
> looked to find out why.

there is historical brokenness left over in the VM from before
you even start:

Starting: ./setup.sh
Hit http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release.gpg
Get:8 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates/universe Sources [20.7kB]
Get:9 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates/multiverse Packages [6,942B]
Get:10 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates/multiverse Sources [3,831B]
Fetched 332kB in 6s (51.1kB/s)
Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  gvsig: Depends: libgdal1-1.5.0 (>= 1.5.0) but it is not installed
         Depends: libstdc++5 but it is not installable
         Depends: sun-java5-jre (>= 1.5.0) but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

the alpha1 build tried to bring those three in, but they no longer
exist in karmic.

is it possible to start it with a clean slate? (or else go mucking in
fixing up the half-installed obsolete packages)

Hamish