[Live-demo] PostGIS issues on thel Live DVD 3.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Jan 14 12:26:08 PST 2010

Paul, Mark,

In building the 3.0-alpha3 version of the liveDVD, I'm getting the
following query come up (which requires acknowledgement). It comes up in
the install_postgres.sh script.

How do you suggest this should be handled? Should we be updating the
LiveDVD install script for Postgres to a later version?
Could I tempt you to update the LiveDVD install script?
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_postgres.sh
(current version is r2716)

Issue 1: Should we upgrade to a later version of posgres?
Issue 2: Please ensure the user is not prompted for a response during
the build process and we wish this to be automated.
Please respond via the ticket at: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/520

Package configuration

â"Oâ"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"¤
Configuring pos
tgresql-common
â"oâ"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"?â"
?
â"' â"'
â"' Obsolete major version 8.3 â┼'
â"' â-®
â"' The PostgreSQL version 8.3 is obsolete, but the server or client â-'
â"' packages are still installed. Please install the latest packages â-'
â"' (postgresql-8.4 and postgresql-client-8.4) and upgrade the existing â-'
â"' clusters with pg_upgradecluster (see manpage). â-'
â"' â-'
â"' Please be aware that the installation of postgresql-8.4 will â-'
â"' automatically create a default cluster 8.4/main. If you want to â-'
â"' upgrade the 8.3/main cluster, you need to remove the already
existing â-'
â"' 8.4 cluster (pg_dropcluster --stop 8.4 main, see manpage for â-'
â"' details). â-'
â"' â-'
â"' The old server and client packages are no longer supported. After
the â┼"
â"'
â"' <Ok>