[Live-demo] Re: FW: Question on xubuntu click2try image

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:27:08 PST 2010

Tom,
I'm afraid that I'm still stuck on the prior issue, and have another issue:

I did try the steps below, but couldn't work out what lines I was
supposed to comment out. (I did try a few different combinations).

I'm able to create a new user "user" but it doesn't create a home
directory at /home/user (as I'd expect). And I haven't been able to set
the password.

However,
In debugging, I've realised that the Xubuntu image that has been set up
is for version 9.04, and we are targeting 9.10.
What is the process for creating a new Virtual Machine? Is this
something that I can do?
If you are creating a new image, can you please set the default
user=user. (If you are using the normal Xubuntu LiveDVD installer, then
you should be able to set the default user during the install process).

I've started documenting our click2try livedvd build process at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build#Creating_a_Click2Try_Virtual_Machine
Feel free to update this wiki with the build process if you wish.

Tom Callaghan wrote:

> Cameron,
>
> Here is my engineer’s reply. This should fix the issue for you. Please
> let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom

Geospatial Systems Architect